2022 Chevy Express: Next-Generation Chevy Express Specs Explained
2022 Chevy Express If you carry a lot of passengers or are carrying a lot of cargo, a full-size van like the Chevrolet Express 2022 might be the best option. Available as a passenger van or cargo van, Express is made to get the job done in situations that require extraordinary utility.
This Chevy can tow heavy trailers and accommodate heavy loads, and is equipped with a line of engines that offer the power needed to get the job done without stopping.
The Express’ most notable weakness is its old-fashioned cabin design. While this Chevy is a viable choice, we recommend looking at the recently redesigned Mercedes-Benz Sprinter and Ford Transit before making a purchase decision.
It’s currently unclear when or whether the next-generation Chevrolet Express will hit the market. However, we believe that there is a possibility that the vehicle could be marketed for the 2022 model year.
Until then it is our hope for the next generation 2022 Chevy Express to receive some significant changes, updates and improvements.
- What: a new full-size Chevrolet Express van that will represent the second generation of all new Express signage, after the first generation Express replaced the Chevrolet Van / Beauville
- When: although it’s currently unclear, we believe the next Express will launch in calendar year 2021 as the vehicle model for 2022, after nearly three decades on the market with relatively few changes
- Why: The new Express will allow Chevrolet to maintain its leadership in the full-size van segment while fending off competition from Ford, FCA-Ram and Nissan
- Where: If we look at the 2022 Chevy Express it will likely be available in all of the current markets where Express is currently sold, including the United States, Canada, Mexico and the Middle East.
Here are our expectations for the future of the Chevrolet Express:
- Based on the new GM T1 platform or the GM VSS-T platform / vehicle set, it provides completely new foundations and techniques
- Significantly lighter than the first generation model, at as much as 300 pounds (136 kilograms) thanks to the load-reducing efforts of GM’s new architecture
- A new exterior and interior that is significantly more modernized than the first generation in terms of comfort, convenience, technology, while making the necessary leaps in the driving and ownership experience
- The inclusion of a next-generation infotainment system
- The introduction of more GM Active Safety features and technologies
- The introduction of the new powertrain range
- It’s mechanically identical to the future GMC Savana, but with a different exterior style
2022 Chevy Express Interior
The Express passenger van can accommodate up to 15 passengers. As is typical for full-size vans, Express tends to use very long intervals between redesigns. This Chevy is still in its first generation, and went on sale in 1996.
Its age is evident from the design of the cabin, which looks dated by modern standards. Redesigned in 2019, the Mercedes-Benz Sprinter offers a cabin that looks much more premium and contemporary.
Unfortunately, the high roof cargo option is not available with the Express, so be prepared to slump and bend if you place items in the back of the van.
The base Express models are equipped with stereo AM / FM, and all models have Wi-Fi capability. In the list of options, there is a Communication package which adds Bluetooth connectivity. The bundle also includes the SiriusXM satellite radio and CD player.
The list of available features also includes a 6.5-inch color touch screen and a navigation system. With respect to the interfaces offered by other Chevy vehicles, the available touch screen looks and feels long in the teeth.
2022 Chevy Express Engine
Chevy’s Express gives buyers a choice of powertrains. There’s a 4.3-liter V-6 engine that produces 276 horsepower and 298 lb-ft of torque, and is mated to an eight-speed automatic transmission. For those looking for a little more muscle under the hood, there’s the 6.0-liter V-8.
It produces 341 horsepower and 373 lb-ft of torque, and works together with a six-speed automatic gearbox. The most fuel efficient option is a 2.8 liter four cylinder diesel engine.
Regulated by an eight-speed automatic, it produces 181 horsepower and 369 lb-ft of torque. The van is capable of towing up to 7000 pounds, and can accommodate loads of up to 4250 pounds.
Express handles like a big vehicle. Still, the engine lineup is competent, producing the power needed to handle the task of towing trailers or transporting passengers with a full load.
We hope that the next Chevy Express features the following powertrain lineup:
I-4 / inline four-cylinder turbocharged engine
Natural aspirated V-6 / six-cylinder engine
2.8L I-4 / inline four-cylinder engine
The new 8-speed automatic or GM’s new 10-speed automatic transmission
2022 Chevy Express MPG
Full-size vans like Express are exempt from federal fuel economy standards. As a result, this van has not been tested by the EPA, and Chevy has yet to announce fuel economy figures.
2022 Chevy Express Price and Release Date
The base model Chevrolet Express 2500 Cargo Van is a good place to start if you are purchasing this vehicle for the purpose of transporting goods. The standard wheelbase is 135 inches; wheelbase extended up to 155 inches.
The Express 2500 drives 16-inch steel wheels, and comes standard with halogen headlights. Inside, there’s an AM / FM stereo with MP3 compatibility and two front door speakers and a spare camera.
We’d recommend an upgrade with the available Safety package ($ 2,315), which adds perks such as blind spot monitoring, rear parking sensor, and power-adjustable side mirrors.
Although we have yet to get official information about the Chevy Express 2022 release schedule We hope that the next Chevy Express has a release schedule next year and the same price as the current 1st generation model, as follows:
- Express discount: $ 30,000
- Express cargo: $ 31,000
- Express passengers: $ 35,000