2023 Chevy Equinox The Chevrolet Equinox was supposed to receive the update in 2022, however, due to complications from the coronavirus pandemic, changes have been pushed to the 2023 model, which will be released in the summer of 2023.
Accordingly, Equinox has received a Mid-Cycle Upgrade (MCE), also known as Upgrade, Retrofit, or Rebuild, for the 2022 model year, which includes external, internal and external upgrades and enhancements.
This model made its official debut at the 2020 Chicago Auto Show with a new look and new RS trim.
We expect the second generation Chevy Equinox 2023 to hit the market starting in model year 2023. Until then, we expect the current 3rd generation Equinox to receive changes, minor tweaks, updates and upgrades.
2023 Chevy Equinox Preview
The Chevy Equinox 2023 is one of the most popular compact crossovers out there, but mass consumption doesn’t mean it will cover it all.
Of course, the Chevy has plenty of passenger space, a feature-rich infotainment system and sporty handling, but it falls short of its predecessors in interior quality and cargo space.
While all-wheel drive is optional, all Equinox models are equipped with the same turbocharged four-cylinder engine.
More expensive trim levels push prices into high-priced territory, but those who like the bow tie brand and don’t like everyday items will appreciate the Chevy Equinox 2023.
2023 Chevy Equinox Information
- What: The new Chevrolet Equinox compact utility vehicle will represent the four generations of the Equinox brand following the launch of the second-generation Equinox in 2010 and the subsequent third-generation Equinox in 2018
- When: We expect the next Equinox to launch on Calendar 2022-2023 as model year 2023 or 2024
- Why: The Allnew Equinox will allow Chevrolet to continue its dominant presence in the growing compact utility vehicle segment.
Development. for the upcoming Chevy Equinox 2023:
Based on the new GM VSSF platform (car kit) providing a new platform and engineering
All-new look, available as a compact four-door crossover
- The new interior includes a new generation
- Gen ion Infotainment System
- Introducing more GM Active Safety features and technologies
- Introducing the new powertrain range
Read next: 2023 Chevy Silverado: What We Know So Far
2023 Chevy Equinox Overview
The redesigned front underlines the changes made to the Chevy Equinox 2023. The conversion includes more distinctive headlights, a redesigned grille, and redesigned front and rear bumpers.
The Chevy Equinox 2023 also adds RS trim, which includes sporty styling cues like dark 19-inch alloy wheels and black exterior trim. The interior features a unique gear knob, red stitching and black upholstery.
The high-end Premier also features cooler interior details such as French stitching and glossy black trim on the dashboard. The more powerful 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder engine is no longer offered, leaving the turbocharged 1.5-liter engine as the sole product.
This update to Chevy’s compact SUV was originally planned for the 2023 model year but has been delayed due to the global coronavirus pandemic.
Redesign We expect the Chevy Equinox to remain available as a compact four-door SUV for the year 2023.
The updated Chevy Equinox 2023 exterior will continue to be offered in one body: a four-door compact SUV.
Stylistic changes applied to Chevy’s popular compact crossover include:
- New front grille, which now extends to redesigned headlights
- Rearranged lower fascia
- new fog lamp
- Redesigned taillight
- Rear bumper revised
- Removal of four exterior color options
- The addition of four new exterior colors
- Removal of three sets of wheels
- Halogen composite headlight removal
- Removal of HID headlights
- Removal of LED Daytime Running Light with separate bay
- Added Daytime LED Light
- LED headlights are now standard across all equipment groups
- Body color mirror caps are now standard on RS and Premier models, and remain standard on LT . models
- Active Aero Shutters Removal
- Auto-adjustable dimming mirror removal with outside heated
- Addition of heated outer glass, power adjustable, manual folding mirror with integrated turn signal
- Chrome mirror cap removal
- Added front reflex light marker
2023 Chevy Equinox Interior
2023 Chevy Equinox Constructed of durable and well-crafted materials, the Equinox cabin should inspire expansive appeal. Front and rear seat passengers should feel comfortable in the spacious interior, with enough luxury to keep them satisfied on longer trips.
The cabin has plenty of cupholders, but most interior luxuries are offered as standard or optional equipment at higher trim levels; The basic Equinox L is the price leader with very few features.
Some competitors offer more space behind the back seats, but we still managed to fit eight of our carry-on luggage back there. Aside from ample center console storage, the 2023 Chevy Equinox’s cabin storage is just average.
The 7.0-inch touchscreen (the 8.0-inch unit is optional) featuring Chevrolet’s MyLink infotainment interface atop the dashboard of the 2023 Chevy Equinox system continues to impress with its ease of use and fast response.
Apple CarPlay and Android Auto are standard, as are Bluetooth telephony and audio streaming, USB connectivity, and an auxiliary input jack. Standard 4G LTE onboard Wi-Fi makes the Equinox one of the best-connected crossovers.
Apart from new technology and possibly new color combinations and upholstery materials, the interior of the 2023 Chevy Equinox remains the same as the previous model.
The Chevy Equinox 2023 will offer the following standard features:
- Lane Keeping Assist with Lane Departure Warning
- Rear Camera
- Rear Distance Indicator
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Front Pedestrian Brake
- IntelliBeam Headlight
- Collision Warning
The updated Equinox will also have
- HD Surround View
- Camera-Based Adaptive Cruise Control
- Auto Parking Assist
- Seat Safety Warning
- Rear Traffic Warning
- Front Parking Assistant
- Rear Parking Assistance
- Change Parking Warning Lane with Blind Spot Warning
- New interior decorations were added for each model
- Added Apple CarPlay Wireless / Android Auto Wireless
- Removing semi-automatic air conditioners from one zone
- Air conditioner added for men
- Added front and rear single-zone parking assistance and
- Garden help system added for
- SiriusXM Radio vehicle if standard coral on all groups
- rearview unit no longer turns on on LS models (1FL and 1LS)
- Shifter view now in HD chrome Rearview camera
- no longer Included in the Seat Safety Warning Infotainment Package
- Now Standard on Premier
- A heated steering wheel is now standard on Premier models and comes with the Infotainment Package on the LT. Model
2023 Chevy Equinox Package
The Chevy Equinox 2023 is offered as a retail model or an automotive model with the base L model. All models are available in front-wheel-drive or front-wheel-drive configurations. Four-wheel drive, except the base model. L, only available with four-wheel drive. lead.
2023 Chevy Equinox Engine
Underpowered and often out of breath, the turbocharged four-cylinder Equinox won’t leave fans feeling sluggish.
The 1.5-liter turbocharged four-cylinder produces 170 hp, and when combined with the optional (and heavier) all-wheel drive (front-wheel drive comes standard) requires a heavy footprint to propel the Equinox out onto the highway. speed. …
The standard six-speed automatic shifts smoothly and for fuel economy the transmission doesn’t want to downshift when it needs more power. Comfortable and easy to drive, the Chevy Equinox 2023 handles skillfully and is precise and straightforward.
Driving is bumpy, especially with the optional 19-inch wheels (17 or 18 are standard), and the rougher roads create discomfort for the driver. The Chevy can also tow up to 3,500 pounds if properly equipped.
We expect the new Chevy Equinox 2023 to fuel GM’s VSSF family of vehicles, which will be used in conjunction with GM’s front-wheel drive and crossovers in the future.
GM VSS, or Vehicle Recruitment Strategy, is a new way for GM to design and manufacture cars.
2023 Chevy Equinox Powertrain
Transmission We expect the next Chevy Equinox to have the following transmission line-up:
- Turbocharged I-3 / inline three cylinder engine (basic)
- Turbocharged I-4 / inline four cylinder engine (uplevel)
- Turbocharged I-4 / inline four cylinder engine
- New GM 9-speed automatic transmission
2023 Chevy Equinox MPG
The EPA estimates the front-wheel drive Equinox will deliver 26 mpg in the city and 31 mpg on the highway. Adding all-wheel drive lowers both ratings by 1 mpg. We ran the Equinox on a real fuel economy test track at 75mph, and with front-wheel drive it hit 32mpg on the highway; we’ve seen 28 mpg with the all-wheel drive version.
For more information on Equinox fuel savings, visit the EPA website.
2023 Chevy Equinox Price
While the Chevy Equinox 2023 lineup will add a stylish RS to the top of the list, we still recommend the mid-range LT version. Standard features include chrome exterior trim, eight-way adjustable driver’s seat, high-intensity discharge headlights, SiriusXM satellite radio and more.
We also opted for the Confidence and Convenience package, which includes blind-spot monitoring, dual-zone climate control, heated front seats, leather-wrapped steering wheel, power liftgate, rear traffic warning and remote start.
- LS $27,995
- LT $29.095
- RS $32.295
- Premiere $33.195
We expect the next Chevy Equinox to be priced the same as the current second-generation model, roughly in the $26,000 range.
2023 Chevy Equinox Release Date
We expect the next Chevy Equinox to be assembled by GM Canada at the GM CAMI plant in Ontario for all markets except China. For the Chinese and Australian markets, this vehicle is manufactured by the Shanghai-GM factory by GM China.
The 2023 Chevrolet Equinox is expected to launch next summer. We expect the third-generation Equinox to live on for at least the 2023 and 2024 model years, and the all-new future Chevy Equinox to launch after that.