2024 Chevy Traverse starting with the redesigned Acadia, it’s heavily disguised but appears to be a sturdy AT4 or AT4X variant. Regardless of what it is, this model has two-tone wheels wrapped in fat Goodyear Wrangler rubber.
Additional details are hard to see, but the Acadia returns to its original size after shrinking in the second generation.
As a result, we can expect a much-improved third-row, which can’t be coming soon as the current model only offers 29.7 inches (754 mm) of third-row legroom.
That’s much smaller than the current Chevrolet Traverse, which offers a much wider 33.5 inches (850 mm) of legroom.
2024 Chevy Traverse Review
The Chevrolet Traverse 2024 is the sixth model year of the second generation crossover.
Notably, the Traverse received a mid-cycle upgrade (MCE) – otherwise known as an update, refresh, or facelift – for the 2022 model year after it was delayed due to complications caused by the Coronavirus pandemic.
The refresh consists of significant updates to the exterior and interior (see the 2022 Chevrolet Traverse info). As such, the Traverse is expected to receive minor updates for the 2024 model year.
Speaking of the Traverse, a redesigned crossover is seen alongside the sedan which we’ll talk about in a separate article. It features a prominent single bar grille with mesh inserts.
We can also see the slim headlights and wide lower intakes.
On the other hand, there are black wheels wrapped in street-focused tires. The model also appears to be the same size as the Acadia, which we alluded to earlier.
The Acadia is currently available with a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that produces 228 hp (170/231 PS) and 258 lb-ft (349 Nm) of torque.
Customers can also upgrade to a 3.6-liter V6, which makes 310 hp (231 kW / 314 PS) and 271 lb-ft (367 Nm) of torque.
The Traverse, on the other hand, is available exclusively with the V6 but has a slightly reduced output of 310 hp (231 kW / 314 PS) and 266 lb-ft (360 Nm) of torque.
While it’s possible that engine options could carry over, the crossover might be equipped with a turbocharged 2.7-liter four-cylinder that powers the 2023 Chevrolet Colorado.
In the pickup, the engine has three different outputs ranging from 237 hp (177 kW / 240 PS) and 259 lb-ft (351 Nm) of torque to 310 hp (231 kW / 314 PS) and 430 lb-ft (582 Nm). ) of torque.
- What: a new full-size crossover that represents the third generation of the Traverse nameplate
- When: launch in the calendar year 2024 as a model year vehicle 2025
- Why: The new Traverse will continue to cement Chevy’s position in the full-size crossover segment
- Where: sold in all current markets where Chevrolet sells the Traverse, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, certain South American markets, and the Middle East
Here are our expectations for the future Chevrolet Traverse:
- Based on the GM VSS-F. platform/vehicle set
- Introduce Chevrolet’s evolved design language, including the headlights and taillights
- Introducing an upgraded interior, with increased levels of refinement, luxury, and comfort
- Include GM Super Cruise autonomous driving technology
- Introducing plug-in hybrid/PHEV variants or pure battery-electric models
- Introducing more “premium” features to set it apart from Chevy’s new midsize crossover (expected to be the future Chevy Blazer)
- Body Style
- We expect the future Chevrolet Traverse to continue to be available as a full-size luxury crossover with four doors and three rows of seating.
2024 Chevy Traverse Specs
- Front-engined layout, transverse
- 3.6L LFY V6 . engine
- Max Horsepower 310
- Max Torque 266
- 9-Speed Automatic Transmission, CVT
- Front Wheel Drive, All Wheel Drive
- Availability United States, Canada
New Chevy Traverse Specs
- Last redesigned model year: 2018 (2nd generation)
- Expected refresh model year: 2021
- Expected redesign model year: 2025 (third generation)
- Expected name: Chevrolet Traverse
- Current platform: C1 platform (Chi)
- Future platform: VSS-F
- Layout: FF (front-engine, front-wheel drive/all-wheel drive)
- Current body style: four-door crossover
- Future body style: four-door crossover
- Segment: full-size crossover
- Expected petrol engine: turbo I-4, naturally aspirated V-6, possibly a turbo-charged V-6
- Expected diesel engine: four-cylinder turbo-diesel maybe
- Expected transmission: 9-speed automatic
- Expected alternative fuel powertrain: plug-in gas-electric hybrid or all-electric
- EV possible
Chevy Traverse Competitor
The future Chevy Traverse will compete with the following vehicles:
- Dodge Durango
- Mazda CX-9
- Ford Explorer
- The Buick Enclave that GM hopes for himself
- Toyota Highlander
- Honda Pilots
- Nissan Pathfinder
- Volkswagen Atlas
- Dodge Durango
- Before New Model
Before the all-new future Traverse hits the market, we expect the current second-generation Traverse to receive minor changes, updates, and improvements. View current information on Traverse using the following links:
- 2009 Chevrolet Traverse (first generation model introduction)
- 2010 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2011 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2012 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2012 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2013 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2014 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2015 Chevrolet Traverse
- 2016 Chevrolet Traverse
- Chevrolet Traverse 2017
- 2018 Chevrolet Traverse (2nd generation model introduction)
- Chevrolet Traverse 2019
- Chevrolet Traverse 2020
- 2021 Chevrolet Traverse (midcycle update expected)
2024 Chevy Traverse Powertrain
The 2024 Chevrolet Traverse is expected to continue to offer the following engines and transmissions:
3.6L LFY V6 naturally aspirated 9 Speed Auto (M3V) 310 / 232 @ 6800 266 / 361 @ 2800 3.49
New Chevy Traverse Powertrain
We expect the next Chevrolet Traverse to feature the following engine options:
- New 2.0L I-4 turbo engine with automatic engine stop/start function to replace GM 2.0L Turbo LTG (petrol)
- 3.6L V-6 LGX with automatic engine stop/start function as an upgrade from the new 2.0L Turbo (petrol)
- Maybe twin-Turbo 3.0L V-6 LGW (petrol) in performance variant
- New turbo-diesel engines for select markets (diesel)
- Possibly plug-in hybrid/PHEV electric (petrol/electric)
- Maybe a pure battery-electric variant
- We expect the next Traverse to be offered with the new GM 9-speed automatic transmission. Potentially plug-in hybrid and electric models will have their own powertrain.
2024 Chevy Traverse Platforms
Like all second-generation Chevy Traverse units, the 2024 Traverse will continue to use the long-wheelbase variant of the GM C1 (or “Chi”) platform that was most directly shared with the 2018 Buick Enclave and later (second generation).
A shorter version of the C1 platform is used to support the following vehicles:
- 2017 Cadillac XT5 and later (1st generation)
- 2018 and newer GMC Acadia (2nd generation)
- Chevrolet Blazer 2019 and up
- 2020 Cadillac XT6 and later (1st generation)
- 2020 and later Chevrolet Blazer XL / Three-row Blazer
- Buick Enclave “baby” 2020 and later (China market)
New Chevy Traverse Platforms
We expect it to ride the GM VSS-F vehicle platform/set shared with other GM front-drive vehicles and crossovers.
Future Chevrolet Traverse
We expect the next-generation Chevrolet Traverse to hit the market around the 2025 model year. Until then, we expect the current second-generation Chevy Traverse to receive minor changes, updates, and upgrades.
Read next: The New 2024 Chevy Tahoe SUV Ultimate Review
2024 Chevy Traverse Production
The 2024 Chevrolet Traverse will continue to be assembled by GM USA at the GM Lansing Delta Township plant in Michigan.
It is currently unclear where GM will produce the next-generation Chevy Traverse. The first-generation and second-generation models were assembled by GM USA at the GM Lansing Delta Township plant in Michigan.
The 2024 Chevy Traverse is expected to hit the market during the fall of the calendar year 2023.
View Chevrolet Traverse sales numbers for all markets, including the United States, Canada, Mexico, and China. Information for the specified market (country). Sales information is collected from various sources by GM Authority and Motorlix.
2024 Chevy Traverse Price
We expect the starting price of the next ChevroletTraverse to rise to the $35,000 range to create more space between it and the rumored Blazer.
People Also Ask Chevy Traverse 2024
Q: Is the Chevy Traverse being discontinued?
A: We expect that the current second-generation Chevrolet Traverse will remain in production for at least 2022, 2023, and possibly 2024 model years and that the all-new future Chevrolet Traverse will launch around the 2024 model year.
Q: Is Chevy coming out with a new Traverse?
A: While an official release date has yet to be announced, General Motors has confirmed that the 2022 Chevy Traverse will go into production at the GM Lansing Delta Township plant in Michigan on August 2, 2021, leading MotorTrend to expect a fall release date.
Q: What problems does Traverse have?
A: Since Chevrolet released its first model in 2009, several Chevy Traverse problems and reliability issues have been reported. Some of the most common problems include engine failure, problems with power steering, electronic stability control (ESC), brakes, and more.
Q: Why is there a shortage of Chevy Traverse?
A: The very low supply of Chevy Traverses is a result of the GM Lansing Delta Township plant producing the Traverse being discontinued on July 19, 2021, due to an ongoing global shortage of semiconductor microchips that is expected to remain through 2022.